Thursday, September 12, 2013

Project 2: Animation

Statement: This is my second work in Art 245.  The title of this work is Virtue.  I pulled all the media from Google.com, mostly reusing images from my last work.  Like the last project, this was done exclusively through Photoshop CS6, mostly making use of the timeline feature to make a video.

The inspiration behind this work is the voodoo Pikachu thingy and the Marine dude from my last project.  Those two seemed to stick out the most, and I loved toying with the idea of gun vs sword.  I had the idea that I wanted to slice an object in pieces, so I centered my animation around that detail.  The Japanese Temple, rising sun sky, and sliding doors were added to complement the way I animated the slicing scene, as it had a very anime vibe to it.  The work is called Virtue to hint at some deeper meaning in this video.  There is none.  It really is just as silly as it is and if you try to find deeper meaning you are an idiot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment